Judith R. Sizer has practiced as a higher education lawyer for over 30 years. Before joining Rose Law Partners, she served as Senior Vice President and General Counsel of Brandeis University in Waltham, Massachusetts. She has worked in many areas of charities law, including non-profit governance, board support, advisory boards, fundraising and development, compliance, conflicts, contract negotiation, museum collections, executive compensation, policy work, non-profit tax, and trust and estate administration.
Judy began her legal career in the Office of the General Counsel at Yale University, followed by several years in the tax and benefits group at Ropes & Gray in Boston. She has served as Chair of the Boston Bar Association College and University Law Group and in various capacities in the National Association of College and University Attorneys. She has spoken on higher education law issues at numerous conferences and other venues.
- Rose Law Partners, Senior Counsel (2014 to 2019)
- Brandeis University, Senior Vice President and General Counsel (2007 to 2013), General Counsel (2000 to 2007), Deputy General Counsel (1999 to 2000), Associate General Counsel (1994 to 1998), Assistant General Counsel (1992 to 1994)
- Ropes & Gray, Associate, Tax & Benefits Group (1988 to 1992)
- Harvard University Extension School, Adjunct Faculty Member (1992)
- Yale University, Assistant to the General Counsel (1987to 1988), Assistant to the President (1983 to 1984), Director, Agents Program, Yale Alumni Fund (1981 to 1983)
Court & Bar Admissions
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Bar & Professional Associations
- Boston Bar Association
- National Association of College and University Attorneys
- Yale College, B.A., magna cum laude
- Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude